1.16.2005

I'll Take Pajama Day over Cosmos

There was a time when I was Happy Hour Queen and I didn't turn down a good free party. I loved that 4-6 time when I'd meet friends downtown for some cheap appetizers and half price well drinks. It was the perfect way to end a stressful day at work. Cosmos were my favorite. Apple martinis rocked. The tangy yumminess of Lemon Drops tickled my tongue. Drinks with the Girls, and sometimes the Boys too. My work would often involve networking parties complete with tasty catering and cocktails too.

This weekend a huge ice storm hit our area and we were iced in. Yesterday was PJ day - no showers, no make up, no stepping outside whatsoever. It was heaven. And every day is more like PJ Day in my life. I haven't gone to happy hour in months. I haven't had a cocktail in ages. My friend gave me distilled pineapple vodka for Christmas and it's likely going to continue sitting in our bar going unsipped for a long time. I've turned down a lot of evening invites with friends with no regrets. With work, I've been picky about the evening and weekend events I have to attend, making sure they are ones I have to attend, even if they do give me a chance to dress up, meet interesting people, and enjoy a yummy free meal.

These days I am more Lounge Around Queen, changing into my comfy pajamas and taking off my makeup as soon as I get home from work and then just hanging out with my boys - Buddy Boo and A. And our two dogs. They are the most interesting people (and animals) to me. Every night is a different and exciting adventure. I LOVE IT.

Every moment with Boo is a moment I want to be present in with no other obligations. I love snuggling him, talking with him, playing blocks or peek-a-boo, singing ABCs with him. A jumps right in, and when the three of us are together, nothing else in the world exists. We're seriously in our pajamas at least 80% of the time we are at home. If you were to come by our house at 6:30 on a Wednesday night, I'd open the door in some flannel pjs, wearing my glasses and likely toting a hyper little Boo who would promptly greet you with a loud "Abadadabada!"

I don't miss the cosmos or the appletinis. I don't miss the money I used to spend on happy hours and expensive dinners. I know I would miss PJ days and nights, though. I know this time is limited, and I wouldn't miss any of it for the world.

0 comments: