1.21.2005

My boys

I love my boys. A and Boo. What an amazing life, to have two wonderful, loving, fun, adventurous, silly silly boys in my life.

This sleep training stuff is awesome. Boo has been going to bed so well since we really started getting serious about a solid routine. He's so sweet - he just rolls over after we put him in his crib, hugs Ducky, and drifts to sleep within a few minutes. Even just now, the dogs started barking at something outside. When I checked on Boo, he was laying there with his eyes open, and when I left the room, he let out a single cry, and I haven't heard a peep since.

Tonight A is hanging out with The Boys for poker night. I am glad he has poker night with the guys. Deep down, I've always been a bit of a loner, and I truly value my alone time. I need my alone time. I love my husband more than the world, but alone time helps me refocus, I think. It's good for A too. I'm glad he has a fun night out with the guys.

A and I spend all of our time together almost. We love just hanging out. We've been together for just over 11 years now, and best friend/husband/wife doesn't even begin to describe our relationship. I think part of the reason it works so well (besides that we love each other to the moon and back and spend 80% of our time together just being silly) is that we also each understand the value and importance of having our own time too. It's a wonderful feeling of respect and understanding that we share. I feel very, very lucky. Two of the best boys in the world, and they're mine :)

0 comments: