7.24.2005

Connections

Today I had the most amazing honor of marrying two of the most genuine, most beautiful people I've ever met. I have not known them for a very long time, but I know that the good they bring to the world as individuals has incredible effect, and together, they can do so much. Standing there, watching them vow their love and commitment to each other, and being able to actually see the beaming faces of their friends and family throughout the ceremony was an awesome, unforgettable experience. These two were not only marrying each other, they were bringing together the lives of so many others they have touched, and thus forever changing us all.

Perhaps I'm in a bit of a dramatic mode tonight, but the events of the day really made me reflect on how everything we do, everything we say, every movement we make truly has lasting effect on those around us. Connections. Paths.

Since the birth of my son, I have come to meet so many new, wonderful people. They have changed our lives and helped us grow tremendously. I've also come to understand that it's ok to let go of those who may not have so much good to offer in my life. We are on this earth for such a short time, I don't want to waste a moment. I want to connect with people who are good and genuine and kind and true. I feel so honored when I am lucky enough to come across those people.

J & D are truly an amazing couple. They have taught me much in the short time I have known them. I hope to pass on what I have learned to my son, who too, will have to make choices about his own life and the relationships he creates and breaks. Today reminded me much of my own wedding day, so lucky to have a solid foundation of friends and family supporting, encouraging, loving us along the way.

I wish all of this for Boo. To be there on his wedding day and be able to see the same happiness, joy and peace on his face as I saw all around me today, and at my own wedding, where special connections were made through a common love.

0 comments: