9.20.2005

The sickies in the house

Last Sunday, for the first time in his near 16-months of life, our son had his first real cold. He had a runny nose way back when last year, but Sunday he had a cough, a runny nose, and he was just run down. Poor kid. He took three naps that day. The night before he had a hard time sleeping because his nose kept getting clogged up. It really is sad to watch your baby not feel well.

Then Monday late afternoon, BAM! He was back to his old happy self, running around the house, making funny noises, laughing at little things, trying to be silly and get laughs out of us, talking up a storm. It's so funny how one day can change everything.

So of course today I was the one who woke up with a sore throat and felt run down all day. I had deadlines to meet so I couldn't sit around and luckily my brother's girlfriend came over during the day so I could go to a meeting and also get some press kits out in time. Tonight I feel crummy. I am going to turn off the computer and go snuggle up on the couch with my husband and watch some TV now.

Tomorrow night I have declared to be NO WORK NIGHT, as the season premiere of Lost is tomorrow! And, I have to admit, I am curious to watch Martha's version of The Apprentice. I'm done with the regular Apprentice- so old and stale and ridiculously pedestrian now, with its overt product placement and fourth string wanna be Donalds. I expect to see some good outwitting and cat fights on Martha's Apprentice show. But Lost is the one show I will drop everything for. It has resurrected my faith in the possibility for good television shows to be born again, and makes me think that television writers are actually getting paid to, well, write again.

Off to the couch.

3 comments:

pam said...

Recently found your blog and I like it! I was told about LOST from a friend and I've been renting all of season 1 DVD's over the past week. (I'm on the last few episodes tonight). I'm TIVO'ing the premier so I don't watch out of order :)
Nice blog.

Stumble It!
betty said...

I've heard good things about "Lost", but I still haven't seen any episodes yet. I watch very, very little TV these days. The only thing that I faithfully watch is "Survivors". It's sort of a family tradition now that I watch it with my DD.

Stumble It!
Mama M said...

Betty - you're back! I've missed your comments. Hope all is well with you and your family since you've moved. I watch little TV these days as well, but Lost is my mainstay. There is an Oregon woman in this season's Survivor, I hear.

Pam-thanks for visiting! I just visited your blog too.

Stumble It!