10.05.2005

Eat your veggies, for crying out loud!

Boo once loved veggies. Squash was his favorite, along with peas, carrots - you name it, he wolfed it down. Now, not so much. So I have become one of those Moms who resort to hiding the veggies. I must say, I'm becoming quite successful at this. A cookbook is life goal #4105 on the list.

Boo is not easily fooled, you see. I used to stick a piece of cooked carrot in with a couple of pieces of pasta and he would be fooled. No longer. Now if I grate broccoli in with pasta sauce, he actually eats the pasta and everything else he likes but somehow manages to collect all the tiny little pieces of green into one lump and politely stick his tongue out so I can recollect the offending veggie. Therefore, I've had to hide veggies even more: shredded carrots in whole wheat blueberry muffins, zucchini bread, pasta with pureed red and yellow bell pepper sauce. He loves this stuff. Oh, he did have a fluke moment of actually enjoying peas the other night. I don't know what happened there. Must have been a full moon.

I'd say having a child definitely ups the creativity factor. I'm becoming a more creative problem-solver by the minute. At least the boy loves fruit. Oh my word, does he love fruit.

2 comments:

used*to*be*me* said...

I must have been really lucky. My 8 year old loved green beans as a todder. Sweet potatoes were her fav baby food. Green beans was her favorite finger food and remains her favorite veggie. my 5 year old loved carrots baby food and that is still her fav veggie. She won't eat many green veggies. She picks out celery, broccoli, bell peppers but she'll eat asparigus and green beans all day long. Weirdo! PS - I'm here from Micheles

Stumble It!
Kirsten said...

You are hilarious! And I though the breastfeeding was complicated!

Stumble It!