12.01.2005

Love new babies!


My little nephew is here! He was born last night, and my brother and T are just glowing. Little baby K is adorable and SOOOOO TINY!! I just held onto that adorable little new baby and didn't want to let go! He weighes two ounces more than Boo did at birth and is half an inch shorter but I honestly cannot remember Boo ever being that small. It's so weird to think him being that tiny. I love, love, love, love, love babies. I couldn't be happier for my brother and T. They're going to be great parents. I'm so proud of my little bro. He's already a great papa--a very proud, very nervous, very excited and over-caffeinated papa.

How can I do any sort of work with all of this excitement happening? Good thing all of our Christmas shopping is done. That's right, you read that correctly: our shopping list is done, folks! Most of it was done before Thanksgiving and I spent the day after wrapping everything.

Congratulations to my baby bro and the lovely miss T. I am so proud of you both. Remember that you are great parents and to just do what your heart tells you is right. Read the books and then burn them. Nod and smile politely at advice from friends and relatives and then toss it out the other ear if you don't agree. Never by shy to ask for help. Never be shy to gloat and beam about your baby's latest milestone -- it's your parental right. Never make excuses about the way you two decide to parent -- believe in yourselves and your decisions. Know that you will make some mistakes but baby K will still grow up to be a fabulous, well-adjusted, happy and healthy human being as long as you do everything with love and his best interests at heart. Know that we all love you - all three of you - dearly, and will always be here for you, anytime, for any reason.

Damn. Look at that newborn. Dontcha just LOVE babies?!!!!

6 comments:

Zephra said...

Great advice for your bro. That is one of the cutiest babies I have ever seen. Can I hold him...?

Stumble It!
YellowRose said...

Congrats on the nephew!! What a handsome boy!!!

Here via Michele's!

Stumble It!
Kirsten said...

What a doll!! I am so excited for your family! Congratulations on the new little guy!

Stumble It!
Little Bro D said...

Damn you sis for making me cry.. again!

I am the happiest, proudest, most emotionally upside-down guy in the world right now. I never knew I could love two people as much as I do right now. Every coo, every cry.. There's so much for me to learn (SOOOO MUCH!) but all charged with so much love.

I am overwhelmingly happy that you and the Mr. and Boo came to visit us. The fact that you and your family will be so close to little K's life is something I am so thankful for. For all the useless/contradicting advice we will be receiving (and have already received), I know that yours will actually be of value.

Well, most. ;)

Thanks to everyone's kind comments as well! We're pretty happy with what we got, too. :)

Stumble It!
Little Bro D said...

Oh yeah, and thanks for the Frapuccino. Much needed. :)

Stumble It!
WendyWings said...

Ohhhhh my ovaries twitched, I am TOO OLD for more, stop putting up cute baby pictures !
:)

Stumble It!