1.13.2006

Messy madness

OK ladies, we're pathetic. I've read all of the comments to my recent "Me time...??" post, and I have to say, while I am glad there are many others in the same position of ridiculously relishing any second of alone time as "Me" time, I think I was hoping some mom out there would have a magic potion we could all drink and miraculously have fabulous, true "me" time...alas, no potion. There were some great ideas there though on how to actually get some me time, which I greatly appreciate. Thanks everyone! At least we can commiserate together, right? :)

So besides lacking any real sort of "me" time lately, I've also lacked any sort of housecleaning time. Many of my friends have people who come and clean their houses every other week, but a) I'd rather spend that money on a really great dinner date or, say, fabulous shoes, and b) it really creeps me out to think of some stranger coming into my house going through every little nook and cranny. Not that we have anything to hide, but it gives me the willies.

So because I've been working nonstop literally every single second I am not watching Boo and not driving in my car, I haven't had time to clean the house. We have about six to eight people coming over for dinner tonight. I am not even going to try. At least they are people I know won't care. But it drives me nuts to have a messy house! I hate clutter, I hate knick knacks, so we don't have a lot of that stuff but there are toys everywhere and it's just dirty with dog hair, dust, crumbs, etc.

Listen to me whine. I'll stop now and maybe get back to work, which is driving me crazy too. Maybe it's the rain and grey days. Maybe it's PMS time. Maybe I just need to get a good night's sleep and hire a housecleaner once a month.

Happy weekend everyone!

4 comments:

Cityslicker Mom said...

Once a month for a *good and thorough* housecleaner sounds great. I'm like you, i have nothing to hide but i dont like the idea of someone cleaning in and around my stuff all the time. Once a month would be good though. I try to focus on one room at a time. If I can clean the kitchen from top to bottom and have it spotless one day, i can justify a little mess elsewhere in the house that day.

Stumble It!
chichimama said...

I've had great luck half heartly following the fly lady, www.flylady.net. I find her impossible to do full hog with children in tow, but her overarching concepts of how to declutter and keep things in relativly good shape work fairly well.

Enjoy the dinner party!

Stumble It!
Zephra said...

I too was just introduced to Flylady.com I dont' follow it all but some of her ideas are great.

Thank God we have friends and family who do not care if we are messy. Those are the best people in the world.

Stumble It!
Eugen said...

I recommend you read the following:

http://sweetjuniper.blogspot.com/2006/01/daddy-days.html

It's normal that the parent that is staying less with the kid to feel the other's need to have some 'me' time and enjoy the extra time he/she is spending with the kid in the meantime.

Stumble It!