1.22.2006

Us time

So just when I'm bitching about not having any me time, a bunch of it just takes me by surprise. I got an invite for a fashion show so I invited some gal pals and today we met up for some girlie girl fashion show fun, then had a belated birthday lunch for one of the girls, and then we made a last minute decision to go shopping. It was beautiful. Five whole hours of me time with two of my favorite friends in the world. It was much needed. I think today's little random outing just recharged me for a couple more months! Or at least through the end of this week.

Last night hubby and I grabbed some us time and had ourselves a date night. The grandparents came over (and Boo was of course still awake when we got home...grrr...) and hubby and I had awesome wine flights and cheese at one of our favorite little wine bars. Then we had dinner at a little Italian restaurant. It was divine. I love my husband. Twelve years together and counting. He is the best.

We also got some super ultra quality time with Boo this weekend. He was Mr Hug all weekend long. He would just run up to us and hug us, or cuddle with us on the couch. He is the sweetest boy on the face of the earth. I love this age. He's cuddly and crazy fun at the same time.

Ah, the weekend. Ive been working like crazy the past few hours but it's all good. It was one of those weekends that just makes everything ok. Better. And tomorrow I hear the sun is supposed to come out again! Yippee! We miss you, old friend. Is it Spring yet?

4 comments:

Cityslicker Mom said...

You need weekends like that to balance out all the other days,huh!That sounds so fun!!

Stumble It!
chichimama said...

Sounds like it was a grand weekend! Did you find anything good shopping??? And the spontaneous hugs are the best...

Stumble It!
Bridgermama said...

"me time" mmm...what a great idea! It's not that I don't have the time for it, it's just that I forgot all about it. Your post reminded me what it's like to be girly. I think after the first 6 months I am ready to come out of my mama cave and take a shot at just being me!

Stumble It!
Zephra said...

Because of your posts, I am forming a girls night out!!!

Stumble It!