2.01.2006

Blogger therapy/birthdays coming

WOW. Thank you all so much for your comments/notes of validation for my last post. As much as I am really trying not to care how others view my parenting decisions, I must admit it is nice to know that I am not alone in some of my choices and that there are other moms out there feeling a lot of the same that I am feeling. I often refer to blogging as cheap therapy :) So thanks for making me feel better!

To random life matters...I'm working like a maniac but trying to keep some "balance." My mind is running a zillion miles a minute but my body is slugging behind for lack of sleep. A good night's sleep. What's that? Do you know?

My birthday is this month, as my cousin whose birthday is also this month just reminded me. I am turning 32. I am really indifferent to the whole age thing right now. I'm more concerned that my son is turning two this year. TWO! Where did my baby go?

Do I want a birthday party? Here are a few options:
1. Have the girls over for a silly slumber party the night before and then a HUGE yummy brunch with mimosas the next morning
2. Rent some space in a bar/restaurant and have friends come (no kids)
3. Have a party at our house so everyone can bring their kids
4. Sleep in until 8 a.m. that morning and then not do ONE OUNCE of work the entire day. Stay in my pajamas and watch DVDs with Boo and Hubby. Eat a lot of chocolate. Take the dog for a nice long walk up and down all of the hills in our area. Blog a little. Run around the house with Boo. Go to sleep early, like at 10. Sleep in again until 8 the next morning.

I'm digging option #4 right now, the more I write... we'll see.

5 comments:

Cityslicker Mom said...

Hmm. i vote for #1. *gasp* I love mimosas! You could probably do #4 anytime, although that sounds really, really relaxing.

Stumble It!
oMama said...

I say 1, 2, or 3. I love parties. With or without kids. Always with wine or other libation (like hot & dirty martinis)....

Stumble It!
Zephra said...

#4 is my vote. all the others seem like too much work for me.

Stumble It!
Kristen said...

I'm turning the big 30 and my daughter will be 2... I say rent the space and get a sitter. Have an all out bashola. There's NO time like the present.

Stumble It!
Nicole said...

How about option #5 -- have your husband rent you a room at a really nice hotel just for you. Order in room service, order girl movies on the TV and enjoy some peace and quiet all to yourself. Then, have your husband meet you for brunch in the morning.

Stumble It!