4.11.2006

Boy's birthday in Vegas denied...by him!

And by Boy, I mean Hubby. You see, buying presents for my sweet husband after 13 years of being together is starting to get tough. There are really cool things I want to get him - like a week at racing school or one of those vacations where you get to learn how to be a vitner for a week - but they all tend to be quite a bit out of my price range. There are lots of cool little gadgets and gizmos that he'd probably think were cool, but wouldn't get much uses out of, and we're at that point where we just hate spending money on somewhat useless objects. And honestly, I think we're both at that point where we have pretty much everything we need or want.

So this year, I thought I would offer to get him and a bunch of his buddies a couple of rooms in Vegas for a weekend. A guys weekend. Isn't that nice of me? I thought so. I was so excited to run the idea by him. His reaction was less than stellar. "Eh," he said and shrugged his shoulders. "None of the guys will go."

What? No guy will go to Vegas for a guys' weekend? Away from us hounding, nagging women? Away from the screeching, needy, whiny kids? Where the $5.95 buffet is open 24 hours a day, and so is the craps table? Where beer is cheaper than water and you can drink it all you want without someone reminding you that you have to drive The Family home so stop drinking already?

Then I ran it by a couple of girlfriends of mine and they agreed with him: the guys probably won't go. Why? Because of the money but also because of the wives. Well, that's just crap, I think. The money part, I get, but ladies, if the guys are all gone, then WE can have a girls' weekend too! HELLO!

Ah well. I guess it's a new CD and an iPod giftcard for you again, dear hubby. Kidding. I'll come up with a new brilliant plan, although my original brilliant plan was squashed (sigh).

Boys. They're so difficult.

3 comments:

Cityslicker Mom said...

You should go with him! The two of you together in Vegas? **snicker**that's what we're doing in May!

Stumble It!
chichimama said...

I agree! Go with him!

The other gifts that has gone over well here are a grilling class at the local culinary school, a beer tasting class (if he is a beer type) and golf lessons.

Stumble It!
LauraLee said...

You ladies are so sweet. The only problem I have with sending him to Vegas is, I know what goes on there when the wives are gone. I guess I know this because I am a Navy wife & I have heard the stories of the guys having TOO much fun if you know what I mean.
But I applaud you for being so trusting, I wish I was too. Laura

Stumble It!