4.15.2006

The Meme of the Moment

Well, crap. I've been tagged by Bridgermama. It's the weird thing meme again, where I must confess six weird facts/habits and I don't know if I have any more weirdness in me that I haven't already owned up to on this blog. So while my list may be a tad dull, I am still nonetheless always game for these things. Here ya go...

1. I have never eaten a peanut butter & jelly sandwich. That's right. My mom always made turkey and cheese or some other type of sandwich, but never PB & J. Now I hold onto this odd fact like a badge of honor and I think maybe on my 40th birthday I'll have a birthday cake made out of PB & J sandwiches to commemorate the occasion.

2. I did, however, often feast on a lunch of spam, fried eggs and rice almost every day during summers as a young child. My great-grandmother lived with us and made my lunches during summers. Don't knock it - she lived until she was 102!

3. Like Bridgermama, I too am phone-phobic. Astonishing, considering the jobs I have had in the past have been all about chatting it up with people in person and on the phone. But really, I HATE talking on the phone, so thank God for e-mail. I love e-mail. I would rather chat with you via e-mail than on the phone, even if you are working right next to me. So basically, don't call me - I'll e-mail you.

4. Not a single day goes by that I don't have a chocolate product. Not one. I must eat something with chocolate in it at least once a day.

5. Wayne Newton once gave me a little peck on the cheek after a brief interview at some stupid country fair I was covering. I count this as weird because I think he's kind of creepy and weird. One of my old co-workers had this massive crush on him, which I found to be even more creepy and weird and quite disturbing.

6. I have a photographic memory. I used to be able to look at a page of text and almost immediately memorize every word on that page, but now it's more like half a page. Damn mommy brain.

OK. There is my ultra boring six weird facts/things/habits. Now who to tag? It is REALLY difficult to find someone who hasn't been tagged by this yet! Hmmm...I am pretty sure some of you may not bite on this meme, but seeing as how the blogosphere would explode if I didn't follow through on my end of the bargain, you're tagged!

Cathy with a C
Ready or Not
Beanhead Babbles
Deputy's Wife
Watching Me Grow
O Mama


Rules and Regulations:
1. Reveal six weird facts/things/habits about yourself and then tag six people.2. Leave a "You're Tagged!" comment to let the people you have tagged know they have to reveal six things (or the entire blogosphere will explode and it will be their fault).3. Leave me a comment letting me know that you have completed your mission (if you have chosen to accept it!)

3 comments:

deputyswife said...

Wayne Newton? Really? I have to say ewww on that one.

Hey the Spam, fried eggs and rice sounds pretty! I loved Spam growing up until I saw it with it's snot gel right out of the can. Left a huge impact on my Spam eating...

Cute meme, I will do it this week. Maybe Tuesday. Tomorrow I plan to post about how I am the stupidest (is that a word?) parent around. An incident from yesterday leads me to this conclusion...

Stumble It!
Cityslicker Mom said...

That's funny about the PB and J, I've NEVER had spam, but I've always wanted to try it.

Stumble It!
Stella Maternity said...

I can't stand the phone either. I always have the answering machine pick it up and I almost cringe when it rings. Then I dread returning the phone calls. I am trying to get better but it's hard.

Stumble It!