9.20.2006

Dear Anonymous Blogger: How I wish I could be so perfect just like you...

Dear Anonymous Blogger who just left a random comment on the first of my two-part parks post from over a month ago without a name, an email address or blog link:

First, thank you very much for your comment, but really, I am a firm believer that you should only leave a comment on a blog if you are willing to leave your name to it, even if it is your fun blog name or a fancy name you just made up for yourself for the day. For instance, let's call you TRIXIE in this post!

Second, Trixie my dear, based on your comment, you obviously did not read the FULL post, nor my The Park, Part Deux: Eating My Words post, which is odd, since that one comes up first. In it, I recant my initial post about park politics, or at least, some of it. I'm a big girl: I can eat my words when I know I was wrong, or as you say, "harsh." I also acknowledge my own playground faults, something you don't seem to do in your comments...

Third, our playset in the backyard in no way replaces the park. Did you read the bottom of the post? Didn't think so. We go to the park - indoors or outdoors - every week. You seem to be concerned that I've forced my son to be a shut-in, but rest assured, Mama Trix, that my son undoubtedly gets waaaay more interaction with other kids on a daily basis than many kids do, which is good and bad. I'm just saying a playset is a nice convenient thing to have right in our backyard, and it is.

Fourth, I find your judgment of me to be quite ironic, given that you have just read one random post. Whereas the rest of us (me and other commenters) are willing to poke fun at ourselves and point out which Mom-type we tend to be at the parks (I'm still the loud one by the way but not always so much the terrified one), you seem to be passive aggressively taking the I'm-better-than-all-of-you route with your comments -- IMHO in blogspeak is really a passive aggressive way of saying "My opinion is way more important in my mind but I'm too chicken shit to stand behind it"-- but who am I to psychoanalyze an anonymous commenter, eh? ;) I like how you use an example in your comment that still makes the other mom in the example come out as a terrible mom who was "acting very thoughtlessly" only to make you shine in the story as the mom who lives each moment for her son. Newsflash for you Trix: We ALL live each moment for our sons and daughters. What the hell was that holier-than-thou little ditty about in your comment?

It is obvious, Trixmeister, that you and I do not know each other. I am usually the one who can see both sides of every situation and give everyone the benefit of the doubt, which aggravates my friends and colleagues a lot when they vent and just want me to tell them they are right in a situation. But I am human, and I do get annoyed by others, and I have a right to vent about them from time to time. Especially on my blog, which contains a million sunny, happy, hot-damn-i-love-being-a-mama, every moment is pure bliss, saccharine sweet posts and (gasp! god forbid!) a ranting post every now and then.

Everybody has a bad day, we all suck at parenting from time to time, we all make colossal mistakes in public and private, yada yada yada... we all know that shit, so is that really something that needs to be stated in a blog post after every single rant? Doesn't everybody know that already, or do you think you are the only person who realizes this?

Anywhoo, just wanted to say love ya, Trixie McDixie, so much so that I had to devote an entire post to you. I know you are thrilled that I had some time while waiting for a print job to finish up to pen this Ode to Trixie (your timing was impeccable!).

I am SO glad that you are the uber perfect mom. Someday I hope to be just like you (sigh). Kisses!

BFF,
Mama M

PS - was that too "harsh," in your humble opinion? that's what ya get when you irritate a preggo woman who is normally outspoken anyway, and who spends her days and nights running after a two year old ;)

5 comments:

Trixie said...

I have to admit that I have more than my share of "Maureen Dowd" moments. I'm so sorry to have pushed your "preggo" buttons. I know how you feel considering I'm due early next year and running around after my own 2 year old (not an excuse though for my misinformed comment, I know). I didn't mean to offend. And you're right, I didn't read Part 2 of Park Politics. Also, I did forget to mention (I later recalled this omission while in the shower ruminating with angst over my lengthy comment), that I have more than my share of regrettable moments at the park, etc. Even at this moment, I am totally ignoring my son at my side as I type on this dang computer! (I guess a mention of my own less than stellar moments would have helped tone down my "HTT" tone in the comment. I find controlling the tone of text the most difficult part of writing on the internet/email. Obviously, I have yet to master it!) If I could offer a limited defense, I was motivated to write as I've noticed you have a very distinct and influential voice in the blogging community here in Portland with regard to families and motherhood (and no doubt, in other realms which I'm painfully ignorant of). I thought that the harsh tone in the post was indeed, discordant with your other posts (that I've managed to read thusfar - I only discovered this particular blog of yours yesterday) and I just wanted to clarify what I thought I had read to be "harsh" judgment of moms from someone who seems to unfailingly embrace the support of moms. So I misguidedly decided to add my rambling comment - my first ever venture into making any contribution to a blog and alas, after your smack down, my last - in an attempt to add balance. You're right, it is your blog. Sorry to temporarily hijack! Can we pretend I didn't offer a misinformed opinion? Again, sorry for not reading all your posts before throwing in my 2 cents. Signed, Trixie - really not so perfect (and honestly, who wants to be????? ughh...the pressure) (:

p.s. did your friend get married at Tribeca Rooftop? If so, I agree what a gorgeous space - we did too. I'm happy that the cab took you back to Brooklyn, sometimes it takes multiple tries to catch one willing to go there at night.

Stumble It!
Trixie said...

I have to admit that I have more than my share of "Maureen Dowd" moments. I'm so sorry to have pushed your "preggo" buttons. I know how you feel considering I'm due early next year and running around after my own 2 year old (not an excuse though for my misinformed comment, I know). I didn't mean to offend. And you're right, I didn't read Part 2 of Park Politics. Also, I did forget to mention (I later recalled this omission while in the shower ruminating with angst over my lengthy comment), that I have more than my share of regrettable moments at the park, etc. Even at this moment, I am totally ignoring my son at my side as I type on this dang computer! (I guess a mention of my own less than stellar moments would have helped tone down my "HTT" tone in the comment. I find controlling the tone of text the most difficult part of writing on the internet/email. Obviously, I have yet to master it!) If I could offer a limited defense, I was motivated to write as I've noticed you have a very distinct and influential voice in the blogging community here in Portland with regard to families and motherhood (and no doubt, in other realms which I'm painfully ignorant of). I thought that the harsh tone in the post was indeed, discordant with your other posts (that I've managed to read thusfar - I only discovered this particular blog of yours yesterday) and I just wanted to clarify what I thought I had read to be "harsh" judgment of moms from someone who seems to unfailingly embrace the support of moms. So I misguidedly decided to add my rambling comment - my first ever venture into making any contribution to a blog and alas, after your smack down, my last - in an attempt to add balance. You're right, it is your blog. Sorry to temporarily hijack! Can we pretend I didn't offer a misinformed opinion? Again, sorry for not reading all your posts before throwing in my 2 cents. Signed, Trixie - really not so perfect (and honestly, who wants to be????? ughh...the pressure) (:

p.s. did your friend get married at Tribeca Rooftop? If so, I agree what a gorgeous space - we did too. I'm happy that the cab took you back to Brooklyn, sometimes it takes multiple tries to catch one willing to go there at night.

Stumble It!
Mama M said...

Hi Trixie! I'm so glad you wrote back, really I am. I have a tendency to be super sarcastic and really I meant no offense to you either. I don't take any of my blogs too seriously and I hope others don't either! I honestly appreciate debate and it does help to see how others read my writing. I hope you still come back from time to time - I promise not to bite :)

The wedding, BTW, was on west 37th. Gorgeous place. What a beautiful wedding you must have had! And we tipped the cab driver very well for the hassle of taking us all the way out to Brooklyn late on a Saturday night. We tried to keep him entertained but alas I think he just wanted to go home!

Stumble It!
chichimama said...

Y'all are cracking me up. I was all set to jump to your defense Mama M, then Trixie so nicely made nice I didn't have to.

Snaps and claps and kudos for all!

Stumble It!
adil adil said...

thanks owner blog.
really this is nice a blog
sohbet
sohbet odasi

Stumble It!