1.26.2007

Week 30: am i ever going to sleep again?

i haven't slept well at all this week. 4 hours last night. the same the night before. i'm up and i can't get back to sleep. doesn't help that this week is super busy and i'm running around all over town for meetings, playdates, supplies, etc. doesn't help that my son has chosen this week to totally come out of his shell and become mr. social, gabbing it up nonstop with strangers, running around all over the place like he just got new batteries, being defiant (in a sweet voice but defiant nonetheless), and running away from me when it's time to go. i'm beat. super duper tired. my whole body aches and i just want to hibernate in my house for at least 72 hours without any obligations and a magic fairy who takes care of my son and keeps him occupied.

being pregnant the second time around really is harder, like everyone says, because we've got this other little person to take care of and because my body is just not the same as it once was.

4 comments:

Mama Me said...

Oh! So glad to hear how you're doing ... those last couple of months are sooo exhausting!

Stumble It!
~Cathy~ said...

Don't worry... you'll sleep again in about six months! :) My little one is sleeping through the night already. It's hard to even remember how much I was dreading those sleepless nights!

Stumble It!
Mama Me said...

Hi! Just checking in to see how you're feeling - you're getting close! Definitely time for some pampering, mama. Schedule that massage!

Stumble It!
Pinks & Blues Girls said...

You will sleep again, I absolutely promise! I'm on the other end... I have 3 boys... one is turning 3, one is turning 2, and the other is 4 1/2 months! I am finally beginning to start the sleep again! He's getting in a "routine"... so I'm hoping my 6 hours may be back soon! I feel for you! And I'm thinking of you!
- Audrey
Pinks & Blues

Stumble It!