1.07.2007

We're getting there...



This week I enter my third trimester! Holy cow, how did that happen so fast!?!

I'm back after a brief absence. Sorry - anyone miss me at all? :)

Here are some pics of the baby's nursery. We painted it lime green, fuchsia and orange. It's very bright and cheerful in there. We used Yolo paint (a locally-made, no VOC paint) for the green, and Miller (another local, no VOC) paint for the fuchsia and orange.

Now keep in mind that the closet is filled with clothes that are 0-12 months. I'm a little freaked out about the idea of having to go clothes shopping with a three year old and a baby in tow, so I'm trying to be uber prepared. Plus, I've been nesting since day one of this pregnancy. I expect it to be a busy year, business wise, so I am also trying to do what I can, when I can, so I don't get ambushed with too many business needs and too many new baby needs all at the same time. We'll see how that goes!

We still have a lot of designing and decorating of the nursery to do, but the bulk is done for the time being. We have most of the Big Stuff we need, except I can't find the bassinett anywhere and we planned on using that again for the first three months. Where could it be?

Then my other main Gear issue is a stroller, or rather, the two stroller dilemma. We need a double stroller that will work for walking/going about town, and another double stroller for jogging and marathon training. I've been researching pretty heavily the last few months and am pissed off that there isn't ONE stroller that works well for both. We love the Phil & Ted's but it's not really built well enough to handle jogging/running. We are thinking about the BOB for a double jogger, but it's way too bulky to use for everyday jaunts about town. I know that for quick trips I will use the Baby Bjorn or sling for baby and can just use our regular stroller for Boo, but pushing a kid in a stroller and having a baby in a sling/carrier for long periods of time does just not sound comfortable or reasonable. Ugh.

The baby industry is a sham, I tell you. Just like there's no ONE diaper bag that fits all occasions...oh, don't even get me started on the diaper bags! :)

Happy New Year, fellow bloggers. May you all be well!

9 comments:

chichimama said...

Look at the Mountain Buggy Urban. I've never run with it, but walk with it frequently.

I also found that my son did really well riding a buggy board (so a google search, it will turn up) attached to my regular stroller for trips around town. He was 2 and 1/2 when A was born.

I love the nursery! So cute!

Stumble It!
chichimama said...

PS, the Urban is small enough that it will fit through a standard doorway...

Stumble It!
Sara said...

But isn't it so fun to look at bags? I think I'd get the Mothership bag if I had to do it again. Or a Land's End bag. Or both.
Glad to see you are well -- the room looks awesome! I happen to have a lot of girl's clothes that are looking for a good home. I'd be happy to bring them (and Lucy!) by sometime.
Take care, S

Stumble It!
~Cathy~ said...

The room looks great!!! That little baby will be sleeping in it before you know!

Stumble It!
shoppinmama said...

I agree! The nursery looks great, too! By the way, have you found any cute letters for the nursery yet? If not, check out this website - www.lollipopkisses.com (it has a great assortment of hand-painted wooden letters) - I think there was one that would match your color scheme in the nursery! Just thought I would pass it along...

Stumble It!
deputyswife said...

I LOVE THE NURSERY!

I love those colors! GREAT JOB!

Stumble It!
Azgreeneyes said...

I used a sit and stand most of the time. It won't work for jogging, but an hour at the mall? It's great for that. Just don't do a side by side double, no place on Earth has aisles wide enough to maneuver!

Stumble It!
Mother of Two said...

I am blog surfing to find mothers to contribute to a new e-magazine that I am developing called Mother to Mother. Go to http://www.motheroftwosguide.com/contribute.shtml for details. We are always looking for new articles, photos, product testers, etc.

Stumble It!
ETownDZ said...

Wow, I just had to say: what a cool room! I just love the bold colors! I happened to be daydreaming about nursery design this morning, and there's that picture. Compliments to you!

Stumble It!