4.15.2008

Dinner Dilemmas

I'm at that point again. You know which one. The one where I sit at my computer (because I am always at my computer) trying to figure out what to make for dinner and every idea that pops into my head is met with a big fat "no." I hate this point. It comes around every few months, nagging me, taunting me, teasing me with what a Bad Mama I am for not having snazzy dinner ideas each night.

We definitely have our standbys: Filipino turkey burgers (only Filipino because I made up the recipe and I am one), spaghetti and turkey meatsauce, penne with sausage and peppers, homemade chicken fingers, mediterranean vegetable soup, pork chops, meatloaf, ribs, chicken pasta salad. We used to have kung pao chicken and chicken marsala as part of our repertoire, but those are too tedious to make with two little kids.

I'm also not a slow cooker person, and neither is my husband. One-pot dishes in general are not for us.

So what's left? What's super easy and tasty and somewhat healthy? If anyone has dishes that are part of their Tried-and-True dinner list, please share!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

M- Dinner is such a challenge!! I'm always looking for new ideas. Your stand-bys sound like good ones. A few of my stand-bys: grilled salmon smothered in miso and garlic and a bit of brown sugar, chicken pot pie (you can let everyone fill their own ramekin with their favorite veggies), grilled pork tenderloin, tacos (Fantastic Foods makes a great soy-based taco filling that tastes delicious and cooks in 5 minutes- my girls LOVE it)... good luck! - Meg

Stumble It!
mama m said...

Thanks Meg! Great additional ideas! We used to do grilled salmon on top of a bed of cucumber salad...I don't know why we stopped making that because it's so easy. Good to be reminded of old faves and get new ones!

Stumble It!
Anonymous said...

I got ahold of this fantastic website that has thousands of coupons on a huge selection of maternity related websites including Roaman’s, Baby Universe, MetroStyle, Silhouttes and MomShop. I wanted to spread the good word to all the mom's out there.Check it out at CouponAlbum dot com.

Stumble It!