5.10.2008

All I Want For Mother's Day....

...is two hours of silence, by myself. Is that a horrible thing to want? Not very motherly of me, I know. But really, there's constant chatter, noise, ongoing in my world and I can never seem to stop it. Blackberry's buzzing, kids' wanting something, husband complaining about my bitching at him, kids yelling at each other, dog barking, emails with senders' voices yelling in my head & demanding something from me, neighbor's kids' slamming car doors incessantly...

Peace on earth. At least in my little selfish world. For two hours. Is that so much?

Oh, and Happy Mother's Day to all you mamas out there. May you get your two hours of peace as well!

1 comments:

Monkey's Momma said...

Yep, That is what I asked for for Mother's Day, and my husband laughed and said, "Yeah, but what do you really want?"

Stumble It!