4.13.2009

Sleep is for the weak. Fine, I'm Weak.


Well, we've had a good run. A GREAT run, actually. Our daughter has always been a great sleeper. We put her down for her naps, she blows us kisses and watches us close the door and goes to sleep. At bedtime, we read her fave books, she blows us kisses, signs that she loves us, we put her in her crib and she nods off after about 30 minutes of giggling or singing to herself. Music to our ears.

Since she started preschool 2 weeks ago, it's all been downhill. She doesn't want to nap. Worse, she has decided sleeping at night is for the weak and wants to know where the party is. Surely, she's kidding, right? This is all a silly joke of hers and she'll go back to her fabulous sleeping soundly through the night habits tomorrow?

I don't need much sleep. I don't ask for much. But I DO need some sleep. More than 2.5 hours of crappy sort-of sleep. There's not enough coffee in the world to make up for the horrible lack of sleep the past two weeks. Coffee IV? Hook me up, yo. I'm all for that invention.

2 comments:

kateypie35 said...

Girl, you know I feel your pain. It took 14 months of hell to get Nathan to sleep through the night.

Combined with pregnancy - I didn't get more than 3 hours of sleep in a row for almost 2 years. Now wonder I have grey hairs.

I hope it gets better soon!

Stumble It!
marlynn said...

she finally started sleeping better again. whew! thanks kate!

and, we didn't get any sleep for about 3 years with our Boo, so i know we're pretty lucky this time around. but when it goes off kilter, boy is it hard!

Stumble It!